Tuesday 14 July 2015

Summer Pizza

It's been really hot the last few days, so I was more than happy to return home the other day and finding a note from My Lovely Assistant telling me that there was a small pizza waiting for me in the fridge.  I was expecting to find a small tomato paste pizza with some toppings waiting for me, so you can imagine my surprise when I opened the door to find this very creative watermelon and fruit pizza.  It was so good looking that I immediately grabbed my camera and began to play with my food.  Food photography is still something I like to practice from time to time.  In order to get some proper lighting on the pizza and eliminate some of the shadows created by the fruit toppings, I placed the cutting block on the kitchen table and then added a white plate to the other side to reflect some light back onto the pizza.  I also used some flash to try and even things out, playing with some different speeds so that the flash wouldn't wash out all of the colour.  I also tried to stage the photograph a little bit by adding the pizza cutter.  The first photograph was taken at f/11, 1/40sec, ISO 100 at 42mm and the second photograph was taken at f/11, 1/40sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  My Lovely Assistant has quite the creative mind in the kitchen.  This was the ideal cool snack for a hot and muggy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment