Thursday 2 July 2015

L’International des Feux Loto-Québec 2015

It's the beginning of July which can only mean one thing, it's time once again for the skies over Montreal to be filled with bright lights and loud explosions.  The L’International des Feux Loto-Québec is back once again with several shows to take place over the next month.  The first show last night was produced by local fireworks company, Feux d'artifice B.E.M. and was titled 'Salute Our Troops'.  It had been raining all day before the show so I decided to stay close to home for this show, staking out a spot in Seaway Park in Saint-Lambert.  What I like best about this location is that it is right next to Highway 132.  As a result, with all of the cars that pass by, it means that not only can I fill the top of my photographs with interesting colours from the fireworks, but the bottom of my frame gets filled by the interesting light streaks created by the cars that are passing by on the highway.  If my timing is really good, a police car will pass by with their lights flashing at the same time as some big blasts will go off in the sky.  It creates a rather cool effect that I like having at the bottom of my photographs.  It was rather windy which caused some problems when you consider the bad effects that a moving tripod can have on a long exposure photograph, but by getting a little crafty and using my baseball cap as a shield, I still managed to click off a few interesting shots.  The first one at the top of the page was taken at f/13, 10sec, ISO 100 at 68mm.  The second photograph was taken at f/13, 11sec, ISO 100 at 58mm.  Here are a few more photographs that I took during the show.

f/13, 9sec, ISO 100 at 68mm

f/13, 9sec, ISO 100 at 68mm

f/13, 18sec, ISO 100 at 68mm

f/13, 17sec, ISO 100 at 68mm

There are seven more shows before the 31st annual edition of the festival comes to an end.  I'll be sure to try and get out there for a few more of them before the month comes to an end.


No comments:

Post a Comment