Monday 29 June 2015

The Small Things

In the 'real world', flowers generally make me sneeze and insects are winged pests that tend to annoy me when I'm trying to sleep and make me itch when they decide that my leg would make a good meal.  However, mix the two together and I can spend large amounts of time trying to get a nice photograph.  Though it looks rather large in this photograph, the flower was actually not much larger than my thumb, so you can imagine how small that little insect was.  This photograph was taken at f/5.6, 1/6400sec, ISO 1000 at 200mm.  I'll admit, shooting this kind of photograph with a zoom lens isn't ideal, but I was playing with the lens when I spotted the flower and insect combo and didn't want to risk the insect flying away.  So, I backed away from the flower and shot away.  All things considered, things still ended up coming out pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment