Tuesday 17 September 2019

Late Summer Sunset

It's always advisable to listen to your mother.  Recently, mine mentioned that it had been a while since she had seen one of my photographs on the television.  Since I spent most of the last two months shooting fireworks and concerts, I didn't have much time for the usual landscape shots that sometimes find their way to the television viewing audience.  With Mom's words in mind, I head out to try and grab a shot of the Jacques Cartier Bridge with the setting sun next to it.  However, I think my seasonal timing was a little off as the sun was nowhere near close enough to the structure to get the shot I had in mind.  I still chose to stick around as I had the feeling that the sunset would be a nice colour.  My intuition paid off as just before the sun disappeared, the sky turned a nice orange.  As a bonus, in one of those instances that I like to think are guided by some hidden helping hands, a plane and some birds appeared in my viewfinder to add a little something extra to the sky.  The photograph was taken at f/10, 1/320sec, ISO 100 at 200mm.  Thanks once again to Lori Graham and the gang at CTV Montreal.  It's always a pleasure to see my photographs on the big screen.  Hope you liked it Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment