Tuesday 24 September 2019

Lifeguard On Duty

Why so serious?  That's one of the famous lines Heath Ledger's Joker said in the Batman movie, but it applies to lots of things.  Sometimes, you just need to have a chuckle. That's what I had when this scene unfolded in front of me.  While on vacation with My Lovely Assistant in Lac Simon, we rented a cottage on the beach.  Peak season was over, so there weren't many people there.  However, there was still this one summer visitor who was hanging around. This one goose would swim around for much of the day, occasionally taking a walk on the beach looking for food, or some free hand outs from the few people still on hand.  I got a kick out of it, so I snapped away.  A lone goose walking the beach, that's not something you see every day.  The photograph was taken at f/7.1, 1/160sec, ISO 400 at 200mm.  Though I'm sure she must've taken off for warmer climes by now, if she's still there, the visitors in Lac Simon can swim with confidence knowing that Lucy Goosey is walking the beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment