Wednesday 8 January 2020

Van Houtte Fire On Ice At The Old Port Of Montreal

This past Saturday night was the final Van Houtte Fire On Ice fireworks series at the Old Port of Montreal.  I had originally wanted to try out a new spot to take my photographs, but it was cloudy and snowy so I knew I couldn't get to far away from the explosions or I'd risk not seeing much.  Luckily, my old reliable spot on the river didn't let me down.  Note to my future self, and any other winter photographers out there, an umbrella can be handy, even in January.  As I previously mentioned, it was lightly snowing and in order to keep the snow off of my camera, I had to take the hood off of my coat to cover my camera.  Another photographer who was out there took care of that problem by using an umbrella to keep the snow off.  Seems like a good idea worth sharing and from now on there will always be a little umbrella with my gear, just in case  The winter fireworks aren't as spectacular as the annual competition in July, but I enjoy seeing the explosions next to skyscrapers of Montreal.  The first photograph was taken at f/16, 30sec, ISO 100 at 70mm and the second photograph was taken at f/16, 13sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  Here are a few more photographs that I took of the display.

f/16, 30sec, ISO 100 at 70mm

f/16, 15sec, ISO 100 at 70mm

f/16, 10sec, ISO 100 at 70mm

f/16, 15sec, ISO 100 at 70mm

That wraps up this edition of the Fire On Ice fireworks series.  I wasn't planning on going to three of these, but I just can't seem to stay away from all of the bright lights and loud explosions.  Hope you've enjoyed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment