Friday 22 April 2022

Flowers For The Flower

Being from Montreal, you learn pretty early that hockey is more of a religion than religion.  The main house of worship was called The Forum, and when I began to watch, the latest in a long line of holy figures was actually a blond demon.  He was also known as The Flower, as his last name literally translates to that in English.  I was a fan, and one of my earliest memories is of the city I grew up in.  Close to our home was a street called Lapointe.  I was always a little upset about that because it was Guy Lafleur who was my favourite player, not Guy Lapointe.  Whenever we'd walk by, I'd always check to see if someone had finally fixed such an obvious error.  No disrespect meant M. Lapointe, I was but a little five-year-old at the time.  In honour of The Flower, here are some of my favourite flowers.  The photograph was taken at f/4, 1/1250sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  In honour of The Flower, feel free to visit the Canadian Cancer Society to make a little donation if you can.  Somewhere near the Pearly Gates, in that big Forum in the sky, the red light is flashing and all of the angels are certainly yelling "Guy! Guy! Guy!"  Thanks for the memories.




No comments:

Post a Comment