Wednesday 20 April 2022

It Was Spring

Before Mother Nature's late April Fool's Day joke saw us wake up to a blizzard and several centimeters of snow on the ground the other day, it had been very much looking like Spring.  However, I've learned over the years to never count Winter out until at least the month of May, and this little dusting proved that theory to be true.  The day before, I spent a little bit of time on the back deck of the head office and took some photographs of the birds who were busy preparing their nests.  My Grandmother always said that seeing a Robin was the first sign of Spring.  This little guy though must have forgotten to check his calendar though.  He was nice enough to pose for me, and this snow will mostly be gone in 24 hours, so hopefully she found a place to let the storm pass.  The first photograph was taken at f/5.6, 1/500sec, ISO 400 at 200mm.  Here are a couple more shots of my feathered friend.

f/5.6, 1/800sec, ISO 400 at 200mm

f/5.6, 1/640sec, ISO 400 at 200mm

By the end of the afternoon, the snow had stopped falling and the little birds were out, surveying the damage to their new nest, and probably looking for a meal too.  Worm my not be my first choice, but after the morning they went through, I'm sure it tasted great.

No comments:

Post a Comment