Sunday 18 December 2022

Snowy Lights

The snow finally arrived, and unless we get a sudden heat wave, it will be a White Christmas after all.  Since I was lamenting the lack of snow last time in an update about our Christmas lights (which you can find by following the link if you missed it), I went back out the other night to take another shot of them, this time with snow included.  I found a nice selection of colours from the tree, some classic Christmas red, white and green will do, while also making sure that a generous dollop of of snow was also included in the shot.  I don't think it will be visible in the reduced resolution photo that I'm using here, but in the original you can clearly see some of the snow crystals and how wonderfully unique they look.  The photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/100sec, ISO 400 at 70mm.  It's nice to see some snow on the ground, though shoveling it is another matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment