Monday 26 December 2022

Tree Decoration

The stockings were hung by the TV with care, and thankfully Jolly Old Saint Nick made a stop by the Head Office the other night.  After the madness of the holidays, I like to take a moment to relax.  That isn't always easy to do with The Heir Apparent and Crown Prince.  So, to keep things simple, I like to just sit back and stare at the Christmas tree.  Most people have a lazy bone or two, I think they may make up about 90 to 95 percent of my body.  Even the simplest of tasks can get sidetracked by something on the television.  Even bad television is bearable.  So, when it comes time to putting up the tree, my contribution is to just toss stuff on to it in the hopes of ending the job as quickly as possible in order to get back to my comfy couch.  Fortunately, My Lovely Assistant is a bit more energetic than I, and the tree looks great.  That's where I found this little guy, hidden among the lights.  I liked the way the light fell on him and the shadows it created around his face.  The photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/40sec ISO 1600 at 70mm.  I suppose that I could have used a tripod to bring down the ISO, but it was downstairs and I was feeling lazy.  Enjoy your holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment