Thursday 29 December 2022

The Sun Sets On 2022

Another year has come and gone, and though we are still living under The Plague, things have begun to get back a little to how they used to be.  We began the year with yet another lock-down and curfew so you could say that things were once again looking bleak.  Personally, things took a turn for the better in March when two big events happened.  The Crown Prince arrived at the end of the month, and much like with The Heir Apparent, you don't see very many photographs of him here on The Old Blog. There were more photographs taken of them than anything else I took this year, though they are pretty much reserved for the family.  You can see his cute little fingers, should you choose, by following the link.  The other event happened a few weeks before that when I got to photograph my first concert of the year as Sara Dufour (photographs can be seen by following the link) hit the stage.  That led to 22 other concerts that I ended up getting passes to shoot this year.  Far more than I had ever imagined I would be able to get as the year began.  That doesn't include all the outdoor summer concerts that I shot, which included another personal highlight for me as I often had The Heir Apparent at my side for those.  My Lovely Assistant had constructed a little wooden camera for her and she would follow me to the front of crowd where we would each take photographs of the shows together.  Sitting there on the ground with her was probably the most fun I had taking photographs this past year.  She was most impressed with a performance by Rita Baga and got a plastic lay from the Fiesta Latin Band.  It sadly didn't last a week, but she enjoyed going to the shows and was a hit with both artists and the crowd.  You can revisit those moments by following the links.  Another big musical moment for me was my return to the Centre Bell for a concert by The Pretty Reckless and Greta Van Fleet. I think you know the drill by now about following the links.  It's not my favourite place to shoot a show, but there is certainly a little prestige which comes with the location. On top of that, I managed to get a few more photographs onto the CTV Newscast and La Presse + newspaper.  I also photographed a couple of weddings this past year, which was a definite adventure.  You haven't read about those yet here on The Old Blog, but I hope to get some shots up in the new year.  Though it started rather bleak, 2022 saw 132 updates here on The Old Blog.  We celebrated our 10th Anniversary together and hopefully things will continue to grow as we prepare to turn the calendar to 2023.  So the sun has begun to set on our year, much like it was setting on the Saint-Lawrence River, photographed here during a summer visit to Rimouski and taken at f/5, 1/50sec, ISO 100 at 200mm.  A big thank you to everyone who passes by to see my photographs and read my words.  Your visits are appreciated, even if you aren't a very vocal bunch.  Happy New Year to everyone out there and lets see what will develop in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment