Sunday 1 January 2023

Starting The Year With A Bang

With one year just ending, it of course means that a new one is beginning.  As previously mentioned, we're all still living under 'The Plague'.  This will be Year Number Four and it doesn't look like it will be going away anytime soon.  For better or for worse, life must go on.  Many things did return last year, including the annual fireworks competition in Montreal.  I didn't end up attending any of the shows this year as I decided to pass those up since I was already spending enough nights away from home due to the concerts I was shooting.  For this annual explosive beginning to the year, I dug back into the archives for this photograph.  It was taken at f/16, 15sec, ISO 100 at 70mm from one on my favourite locations to shoot the winter fireworks over the city.  Maybe 2023 will be the year for that one to return as well.  Despite all of the potential bad things still hanging over our heads as the year begins, I hope that you all keep coming back here to see my work and that it gives you a little moment or two of real world relief.  Happy New Year to you all and I wish you all a terrific 2023!

No comments:

Post a Comment