Wednesday 11 January 2023

Down By The River

The Eastern Townships of Quebec are where my family is mostly based, and it has some of the nicest looking scenery in the entire Province.  It's also a place that I know pretty well due to the fact that I spent most of my younger years going through the various towns and villages to visit various aunts, uncles and cousins.  In this particular update, we visit the town of Frelighsburg.  I've been taking photographs of this location since before I began taking photography courses.  The colours are nice in the Fall, but it's in the Winter that you get the best view of the old mill on Pike River.  It dates back to 1839 and was built by the son of the town founder.  I seem to remember the wheel still being there when I was younger, though it has long since disappeared.  he photograph was taken at f/7.1, 1/640sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  A little bit of history for your Wednesday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment