Saturday 21 January 2023

Frozen Memories

Despite all of the gloom and doom predictions about how the Winter was going to be back in September, it has been a rather mild one.  We've only had one snowfall over 20cm's and I don't think we've gone below -15C yet.  Now, there is still lots of time for that to change, but I only bring it up because this is traditionally the coldest week of the Winter.  I should know, because I usually always take the week off in order to get some nice frosty photos.  On the day this photograph was taken, at  f/16, 1/125sec, ISO 100 at 70mm, the thermometer read -26C.  So, I got out of bed extra early to freeze my processor off down by the banks of the Saint-Lawrence River.  I arrived a bit before Sunrise so that I would be in position to see the sun rise just about the frozen clouds over the river and the famed Victoria Bridge.  As was usually the case, I was all alone out there and it really was a sight to behold.  I cropped the photograph was little bit tighter on the structure of the bridge for a little bonus shot that I'm adding here at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment