Wednesday 14 February 2024

Couple Of Love Bugs

Happy Hugs & Kisses Day to all of you little love bugs out there.  Well, everyone except maybe for the couple of love bugs who are featured here in this little update.  These little scarab beetles have the nasty habit of munching on the leaves of our trees, flowers and plants, and they obviously have a little bit of an exhibitionist streak to them.  My imagination can get the best of me at times, so I chuckled to myself as I took this photograph after noticing the third beetle in the background pulling on the petal of the flower everyone was visiting.  He was softening the light by diffusing the sun with the petal.  A perfect little photographic assistant. The photograph was taken a f/8, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  All parties involved then left to continue with their love bug activities, though we hope that they did so with safety in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment