Thursday 1 February 2024

Adding Some Colour

February is probably the blandest of all the months.  Thankfully, it is also the shortest month.  Most of the snow is just crusted over ice by this point, the sky is usually grey and overcast most of the time and there is not really anything of colour to look at for a reprieve from the never ending grey that dominates the month.  Luckily for all of my fortunate viewers, I've always got some colour hiding my hard-drive.  The Summer months are often busy with concerts for me, but I always find the time to photograph some of the many colourful flowers that grow around the Head Office.  Such as this lovely Asian Lily, which used to grow around our shed in the back yard.  I say 'used to grow', because it sadly didn't bloom this past year.  Which is a true shame because it is a beautiful flower.  Luckily, I always have some photographs to remind me of how it looked and where it was.  The photograph was taken at f/6.3, 1/40sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  Hopefully it injected a little bit of colour into your dull and dreary February day.

No comments:

Post a Comment