Friday 23 February 2024

Sweets For My Sweets

As the calendar keeps on going by at full speed, it's time to take a little trip backwards in the DeLorean to a little more than a week ago. It was Saint-Valentine's Day, meaning that there were sure to be some tasty treats to be seen and photographed at The Head Office.  Oh, and eaten, ofcourse, but only after the photographs has been taken.  Those who are aware of my culinary expertise are already well aware that I had no hand in the creation of this lovely little dessert.  The credit goes to the fine pastry chefs at Chez La Petite Madelaine, who just moved in to a new location last year.  We've bought several of their creations over the years and have never been disappointed.  The Heir Apparent is particularly fond of their Chocolatines, though we have sadly not visited them very often since the move. We'll have to rectify that problem.  As for the photographs, the first one was taken at f/6.3, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  The two other photographs were both taken at f/6.3, 1/160sec, ISO 100 at 70mm and all three had a little bit of flash bounced onto them from the ceiling.  I often complain about finding a background when I shoot food, but I discovered a nice corner on our kitchen counter for these where if I angle myself just right, I get to use the dark wall from the other side of the room which more than does the trick.  After all, faster photographs mean that everyone gets to indulge their sweet tooth that much sooner.  Thanks once again to Chez Le Petite Madelaine for their wonderful desserts.  Hopefully you all had something sweet to munch on as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment