The annual summer concert series put together by the Ville de Longueuil and Longueuil est Culture was terrific. Yes, I usually get these posted while the series is still going, but I ended up getting swamped by Les Francos de Montréal, Festival International de Jazz de Montréal
and various other concerts along the way. Despite those big event
garnering my attention, I still try to get to these local shows as much
as I can. I got my start shooting concerts by photographing these free
outdoor shows. I try to keep doing it as way to kind of say 'thanks'.
Though there aren't any real restrictions, the Ville de Longueuil
staff have been very kind in allowing me access to the events to take
these photographs. They also allow me to share some moments with The
Heir Apparent and Crown Prince. They attend the shows with me, and
often
find themselves taking photographs with me at the front of the
stage. Thanks to all of the artist to smile for their cameras. Those
little moments are always among my favourite of the year. All good things must come to an end, and the final concert of the summer series that I got to shoot from the steps of the Paroisse Saint-Hubert was by Stéphanie Boulay. Usually on stage with her sister as part of Les Soeurs Boulay, Stéphanie has taken to the road this summer to play some of her solo material. She told us early that this wouldn't be a typical Soeurs Boulay show, and that her sister was not hiding in the church waiting to make a surprise appearance. What we would be getting was some very personal and songs and a very emotional evening. Most of the songs came from
Stéphanie's most recent album, "Est-ce que quelq'un me voit?" The mood may have been a bit heavy at times for a summer evening in the park, but there was no denying that the music was beautiful. The songs bore the marks of her soul, and that may not always be sunshine and rainbows. A song like "J'aurai pas d'enfant" makes you stop and think. My own children may be a handful at times, hearing the pain in that song reminds you of how blessed to have them I really am. Not to say that the entire night was a tearjerker. There were more than a few fun moments and some very dance-able tunes. It was an evening that marked us and one that won't be forgotten. All of the photographs were taken at f/3.2 while using various different shutter speeds, ISO settings and focal lengths. Here are the rest of the photographs that I took of Stéphanie Boulay while she performed on the steps of the Paroisse Saint-Hubert.
If you would like to find out more about Stéphanie Boulay and her music, you can do so by following the link to her webpage. As usual, a big thank you goes out to the Ville de Longueuil and Longueuil est Culture for all of their work putting this summer concert series together and for allowing me to photograph the shows. It is very much appreciated. I hope to see everyone again next summer. Stéphanie Boulay only has a couple more shows left this year. So keep your eyes and ears open for her in 2027. Don't you dare miss it when she plays in a town near you.
































































No comments:
Post a Comment