Thursday, 27 August 2026

Stéphanie Bédard At Parc Empire

The annual summer concert series put together by the Ville de Longueuil and Longueuil est Culture was terrific.  Yes, I usually get these posted while the series is still going, but I ended up getting swamped by Les Francos de Montréal, Festival International de Jazz de Montréal and various other concerts along the way.  Despite those big event garnering my attention, I still try to get to these local shows as much as I can.  I got my start shooting concerts by photographing these free outdoor shows.  I try to keep doing it as way to kind of say 'thanks'.  Though there aren't any real restrictions, the Ville de Longueuil staff have been very kind in allowing me access to the events to take these photographs.  They also allow me to share some moments with The Heir Apparent and Crown Prince.  They attend the shows with me, and often find themselves taking photographs with me at the front of the stage.  Thanks to all of the artist to smile for their cameras.  Those little moments are always among my favourite of the year.  Getting back to why we are here, our final concert at Parc Empire in Greenfield Park was by singer Stéphanie Bédard.  My Lovely Assistant and I enjoy watching a musical variety show called En direct de l'univers, where guest fill out a questionnaire about their musical history and then those songs get played by various singers during the show.  One of the nicest voices of all the guest singers who appear belongs to Stéphanie Bédard.  So, when it was announced that she would be making a summer appearance in Greenfield Park, there was no way that we were going to miss it.  She has made a name for herself with three albums, the most recent being Respire from 2023, so go along with several singles, television appearances and live stage performances.  She put her voice and repertoire on display by giving the Greenfield Park a performance that was truly remarkable.  It was a mix of original songs and some covers of other songs which was very much enjoyed by the folding chair toting crowd.  No need for any glitz or glamour, her voice held the crowd enthralled for almost 90 incredible minutes.  A well deserved standing ovation from the crowd followed.  Stéphanie Bédard's performance was easily one of the highlights of the summer.  All of the photographs were taken at f/3.2 while using various different shutter speeds, ISO settings and focal lengths.  Here are the rest of the photographs that I took of Stéphanie Bédard while she performed under the gazebo at Parc Empire.






















































If you would like to find out more about Stéphanie Bédard and her music, you can do so by following the link to her webpage.  As usual, a big thank you goes out to the Ville de Longueuil and Longueuil est Culture for all of their work putting this summer concert series together and for allowing me to photograph the shows.  It is very much appreciated.This ended up being my final Greenfield Park show this year.  I hope to be back to see who will be performing under the gazebo next year.  Stéphanie Bédard doesn't have any more shows scheduled for this year, but keep your eyes, and ears, open for her in 2027.  Don't you miss dare miss it when she plays in a town near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment