Thursday, 27 August 2026

Andie Therio At Paroisse Saint-Hubert

The annual summer concert series put together by the Ville de Longueuil and Longueuil est Culture was terrific.  Yes, I usually get these posted while the series is still going, but I ended up getting swamped by Les Francos de Montréal, Festival International de Jazz de Montréal and various other concerts along the way.  Despite those big event garnering my attention, I still try to get to these local shows as much as I can.  I got my start shooting concerts by photographing these free outdoor shows.  I try to keep doing it as way to kind of say 'thanks'.  Though there aren't any real restrictions, the Ville de Longueuil staff have been very kind in allowing me access to the events to take these photographs.  They also allow me to share some moments with The Heir Apparent and Crown Prince.  They attend the shows with me, and often find themselves taking photographs with me at the front of the stage.  Thanks to all of the artist to smile for their cameras.  Those little moments are always among my favourite of the year.  Getting back to why we are here, Mother Nature sadly saw the first two concerts we planned attending get washed out by the rain.  Our second show from the awesome Paroisse Saint-Hubert was Country music star Andie Therio.  Every year there is on concert on Ville de Longueuil schedule that has me watching the weather reports and hoping that the rain will stay away.  This year it was this one.  It has been a few years since I last got to see Andie Therio and I was really looking forward to the performance.  One of the top voices of Québec's crop of Country music stars, Andie Therio's shows are and mix of Country and some Rock that really gets the crowds going.  She has some great stories to share in between those songs as well, really making a lasting attachment with the crowd.  She has released a bunch of singles over the last few years, including an EP featuring several acoustic versions those songs called Home Sessions, which was released last year.  Andie Therio did released a new single this year called Danser ici, which was a big hit with the crowd.  She mentioned that a new album should be coming out in the Fall, so the fans have that to look forward to.  Thankfully the rain stayed away.  It was a terrific show, hopefully it won't take so long before I get to see her again.  All of the photographs were taken at f/3.2 while using various different shutter speeds, ISO settings and focal lengths.  Here are the rest of the photographs that I took of Andie Therio while she performed on the steps outside of the Paroisse Saint-Hubert


















































If you would like to find out more about Andie Therio and her music, you can do so by following the link to her webpage.  As usual, a big thank you goes out to the Ville de Longueuil and Longueuil est Culture for all of their work putting this summer concert series together and for allowing me to photograph the shows.  It is very much appreciated.   Andie Therio only has a couple more shows lined up this Fall, so be sure to keep your eyes, and ears, open for her in 2027.  Don't you dare miss it when she plays in a town near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment