The annual summer concert series put together by the Ville de Longueuil and Longueuil est Culture was terrific. Yes, I usually get these posted while the series is still going, but I ended up getting swamped by Les Francos de Montréal, Festival International de Jazz de Montréal
and various other concerts along the way. Despite those big event
garnering my attention, I still try to get to these local shows as much
as I can. I got my start shooting concerts by photographing these free
outdoor shows. I try to keep doing it as way to kind of say 'thanks'.
Though there aren't any real restrictions, the Ville de Longueuil
staff have been very kind in allowing me access to the events to take
these photographs. They also allow me to share some moments with The
Heir Apparent and Crown Prince. They attend the shows with me, and
often
find themselves taking photographs with me at the front of the
stage. Thanks to all of the artist to smile for their cameras. Those
little moments are always among my favourite of the year. Getting back
to why we are here, Mother Nature sadly saw the first two concerts we
planned attending get washed out by the rain. We returned to Parc Empire in Greenfield Park for our second show of the summer. This one given by Pelch. I got to shoot Pelch last fall as an opening act and was really impressed. So, I was really looking forward to this show. He had much more time on this night than the last time I saw him performed. He used that extra time marvellously. Using that time to sing a wide selection of his own hits, and
some covers as well. The concert also had a family feel to it as he invited his cousin up to the stage at one point to sing song. Pelch also did his usual trick of making up a song right there live on stage. Using topical suggestions given from the audience, Pelch treated the crowd to a unique song of their own makings. Pelch has released several EP's and singles over the year, including his most recent, "Hometown". Will a full length albums soon be added to the collection? We'll have to wait and see. Sadly, as the sun got lower in the sky, the evening came to an end. It was a terrific night from start to finish. All of the photographs were taken at f/3.2 while using various different shutter speeds, ISO settings and focal lengths. Here are the rest of the photographs that I took of Pelch while he performed on the Parc Empire stage.
If you would like to find out more about Pelch and his music, you can do so by following the link to her webpage. As usual, a big thank you goes out to the Ville de Longueuil and Longueuil est Culture for all of their work putting this summer concert series together and for allowing me to photograph the shows. It is very much appreciated. Pelch has several shows coming up all over Québec this Fall. Don't you dare miss it when he plays in a town near you.

















































No comments:
Post a Comment