Saturday, 22 August 2026

Dawn Tyler Watson At Festival International De Jazz De Montréal

We're a little bit backed up on getting my concert photographs up here on The Old Blog.  I suppose we will catch up at some point, but this would be a good time to remind you that my concert photographs can be seen in a much more timely manner by visiting V13Media, which you can do by following the link.  If you'd like an even more direct route to my photographs, you can visit my personal page over there but using the following link.  My first show of the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal took place inside of Le Studio TD.  Canadian vocalist Dawn Tyler Watson treated a capacity crowd to a treasure trove of jazz and blues classics.  Described as being one of Canada’s true Blues treasures, she easily lived up to her reputation.  I've had the good fortune to see Dawn Tyler Watson sing several times during her visits to the annual Longueuil Ribfest.  Getting to hear her in such an intimate setting was a treat.  Walking around the seated patrons, I tried not to block to many views as I made my way around the room.  I tried to act quickly, but it was impossible not to stop and enjoy the music, which I must admit that I did a few times.  Anyone else would have been guilty of the same crime.  The festival appearance kicked off new Jazz Sessions show, which she will be taking on tour.  Her voice is remarkable.  Kicking off my festival experience with her show set the bar high.  All of the photographs were taken at f/3.2 while using several different shutter speeds, ISO settings and focal lengths.  Here are the rest of the photographs that I took of Dawn Tyler Watson while she performed at the Festival International De Jazz De Montréal.













 












If you would like to find out more about Dawn Tyler Watson and her music, you can do so by following the link to her website.  Many thanks to the Festival International De Jazz De Montréal and Christopher Gonda of V13 Media for getting me a pass to cover the event.  It is very much appreciated.  Dawn Tyler Watson will be performing several dates this Summer.  Don't you dare miss it when she performs in a city near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment