Tuesday 22 January 2013

It's Somewhat Chilly

As I write, we're currently in the middle of a cold spell that has temperatures in the minus-teens Celcius with wind chills in the minus-twenties.  However, you don't come here for weather reports, you come here to look at my pictures.  While we're all trying to keep warm, I took a trip into my photo archives to find the photograph you see above my words.  It wasn't a very long trip though as this picture was last seen as part of my exhibition this past fall, though the version you see here has been a little modified.  As with the last few days, this photograph was taken on a cold January day back in 2008.  The shot was taken at f/8, 1/200 sec ISO 400 at 18mm.  For this site, I cropped the picture to 12" x 6".  I feel that the picture does a good job of showing how cold the day was.  From the crisp blue sky to the ice floating by, just looking at this picture gives the chills.  I also like the fact that since the photograph was taken before the sun went down, there were no lights on in any of the buildings across the river in Montreal, making it the frozen city.

No comments:

Post a Comment