Tuesday 8 January 2013

Nah, -15 Isn't That Cold

Those of you who follow me on Facebook (visit Eric Mahannah Photography and don't forget to 'Like' the pages was well as all of the photos you wish) probably noticed that I changed my cover photo the other day.  Here's the story behind the photo.  I can't quite explain why, but I've always been captivated by the American Pavilion from Expo '67, or as it is known these days, the Biosphere.  I see it almost everyday from my home, it was featured in one of the photographs from my exhibition and it just generally lends itself well to being photographed.  This past Saturday was a fairly mild day, by my standards, so I decided to lug out my equipment to Île Sainte-Hélène and grab some more shots.  One evening while driving home from work I noticed how the lights from the bridge lined up pretty well with the Biosphere so I was off on a photo mission. This shot was taken at f/9, 10sec, ISO 100 at 34mm.  The long exposure time allows for the 'star' effect you see around the street light, and then I cropped the image to 12"x5".  The lights on the bridge also form some leading lines to, hopefully, capture your attention and on the right hand side is my favourite metal ball.  The photo was also taken just a little bit after the sun went down, allowing just enough light to bring some colour to the sky.  I've been several times in the past, I'll keep going several times in the future and I hope that you'll still enjoy looking at what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment