Monday 1 April 2013

Something For Your Sweet Tooth

The Canadian Dental Association might not approve of this picture.  We just celebrated Easter over here, or for those of us who aren't overly religious, Chocolate Day.  As I would suspect happened with all of the rest of the good little girls and boys out there, we were visited by the Easter Bunny sometime between Saturday night and Sunday morning.  Since my lovely assistant and I would like to continuing to receive these yearly baskets of chocolate, I thought that I would take a few minutes out of my binge eating to snap off a few shots.  Those of you who passed by last week will remember the shot I took of the Parmesan crisps, well I kind of did the opposite when it came to this shot.  No, the tripod didn't come out.  What I meant was that rather than using a large aperture in order to blur out most of the background, I used a smaller aperture this time to make sure that the eggs that are in the front of the picture wouldn't be overly blurry.  It's true that I wanted the bunnies to be the main focus, but I wanted the chocolate eggs to be seen as well and not just be turned into a blurred mess of colour.  I guess we could kind of call this shot the second part of a tasty two part lesson in using different apertures on your camera.  This shot was taken at f/10, 1/25sec, ISO 800 at 55mm.  There's actually a good reason for using ISO 800.  It's because I forgot to reset my camera after taking the shots of the Parmesan crisps.  I'd like to say that this is the first time such a thing as happened, but it's a mistake I seem to make more often than I care to admit.  If there is anyone from Canon taking notes, please include a "Reset Your Camera ISO When You're Done, Dummy!" function on your next models.  It would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment