Friday 30 May 2014

May Flowers

It's been a while since I've done a double version of a photograph, but this situation kind of calls for it.  So, we're going to repeat a little thing here I like to call 'Let the Viewer Decide'.  My viewers are not the most vocal bunch as I've already done this twice before, back in May of last year, and also back in March.  While you blog followers have generally been silent, I do get a little feedback on these things over at the Eric Mahannah Photography Facebook Page, and I thank those of you who do so over there.  As most of you know, I'm not the biggest fan of using Photoshop to play with photographs, but I do use it for cropping my photos and I do use the other functions from time to time as well.  For today, the only change in the two photographs is the colour.  The first photograph on the page is the original, where nothing was done to it except for some cropping.  The second photograph I played around with the colours a little bit.  I asked My Lovely Assistant which version she liked best as she usually has the right answer to that question, but this time our opinion wasn't the same.  I like the first photograph the best.  I like the green background a little more than the second photograph, though I also like the colour of the flower better in the second photograph.  For me, the deciding factor was that in the second photograph, you notice a bit more of grain in the image as this one was taken during one of my famous "I forgot to reset my setting and shot these at ISO 1600" outings.  The photograph was taken at f/3.5, 1/1000sec, ISO 1600 at 68mm.  Feel free to discuss among yourselves which version you prefer, there is no right or wrong answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment