Sunday 1 June 2014

Neon Kiwi

One of my new favourite things to photograph has become slices of fruit.  Back March after having gotten the idea from reading an article in a magazine, I took a photograph of a piece of lime.  I really liked the result and promised that on the next trip to the fruit store, I'd bring home something else to try shooting.  That trip would have to wait as I was quickly reminded by My Lovely Assistant that there was a kiwi sitting in the fridge that was waiting to be shot.  I had originally bought the kiwi as I though that it was the fruit that I had seen in the original magazine article.  Perhaps not my greatest hour, but it did save me a trip to the store.  I repeated the same process to get this photograph.  I cut a large slice of Kiwi and placed it on a plastic container which I balanced on a flashlight, lighting the slice of kiwi from below.  This photograph was shot at f/9, 1/80sec, ISO 1600 at 60mm using a Macro lens.  I really liked the green of the kiwi and how well the seeds stand out. I'll be photographing more fruit in the future, but I think we'll try and different colour next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment