Tuesday 17 June 2014

Breaking The Law

A few weeks back I posted up a couple of pictures showing the Montreal Biosphere had changed their colour scheme to that of the Montreal Canadiens during their run in the Stanley Cup Play-Offs.  Sadly, the Canadiens were eliminated by the New York Rangers in the semi-finals, but I had promised one more photograph that I had taken that night as it had a story of its own.  I was on the Cosmos Bridge to take these photographs and this shot here was the final of my set that I wanted to take.  However, before I could begin snapping away, a car slowed down and stopped right next to me.  It was Island Security.  I was politely asked what I was doing and was then asked to move to the other side of the bridge where I would be protected from oncoming traffic by a bicycle path on the bridge.  I knew that I wasn't going to get anywhere by arguing, so I thanked the security guard for the advice and wished him a good evening.  I picked up my gear and moved to the bicycle path, and then waited as the security car slowly drove away.  Once I knew the car was far enough away, I quickly went back to my spot and began to shoot in order to get my photograph.  I've used this position before, I took a similar photograph a few years back that actually appeared in my Library Exposition in October 2012 (been a while since I've mentioned that).  Oddly enough, that photograph has not yet been featured here on the blog.  I guess we now have a good excuse to work it into a future update.  This shot was taken at f/16, 22sec, ISO 100 at 35mm.  If by some chance that security guard finds his way to this page one day, I hope he'll understand why I disobeyed his orders.  I couldn't get this shot from the bike path.  I promise I'll be a good law abiding citizen from here on out...unless it means getting a better shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment