Friday 27 June 2014

Aperture Leftover

Anybody out there remember the brief example of how aperture works that I posted back in February?  No?  That's okay.  I'm not the best teacher in the world.  The shots I took that you saw in that post were kind of a field test for me as I was trying out the different apertures in order to decide which one I would use for taking this photograph you see here.  I always take test shots to make sure that everything is just they way I want in my photographs.  It's one of the reasons why photo-walks with myself, or any other real photographer, tend to be a long patience testing experience for non-photographers.  It's not just point-and-shoot with me.  I really liked that this forgotten strand of tall field grass stood out against the blue sky, but also wanted to keep a bit of the mountain and other foliage in the bottom of the shot.  I ended up taking this photograph at f/4, 1/1250sec, ISO 100 at 25mm.  The only thing that I don't like about the shot is that I can't think of a better word than 'tall field grass' to describe what we're looking at.  I don't think my Grandfather, who was a farmer, would approve of my term.

No comments:

Post a Comment