Thursday 19 June 2014

Viewer's Choice

I was out for supper the other night with My Lovely Assistant and on the way home, I couldn't help but notice how the setting sun was adding a nice red colour to the clouds.  The added colour seemed to add some texture to them as well.  Never needing an excuse to grab the camera, we went for a little walk to see if I could grab some sky.  I've enjoyed sunsets more than in the past after getting a look at several of the photographs taken by my former professor, Richard Anber.  Feel free to look through the sunset photos (and more of his work) on his Instagram site.  After getting home, I decided to do a little bit of cropping to one of my photos, but couldn't decide on which version I liked better.  The first photograph I really liked, but felt that I cut out more of the clouds than I wanted.  The second photograph, I left more of the clouds, but I had to cut out some of the bridge from the lower right-hand side of the photograph while also adding more of the silhouetted trees in the lower left. On the plus, I also like how the clouds seems to split the sky into two different colours.  Though I am kind of reaching for straws here, I also like how the photograph reminds me of the cover for the album Stormbringer by Deep Purple, which itself was based on a famous photograph from 1927 by Lucille Handberg.  So gentle viewers, I once again leave it up to you to decide.  Which version do you prefer more.  Both versions of the  photograph were taken at f/14, 1/80sec, ISO 400 at 43mm

No comments:

Post a Comment