Tuesday 10 June 2014

Mom's Day Lily

Of all of the flowers that I've photographed from my Mom's garden, it's probably the Day Lilies that I like the most.  Sadly, my parents moved last year and where they currently live, my Mom doesn't have the required space to plant the many varieties of flowers that decorated the landscape of their old house.  Another move is planned for the future, so hopefully they'll find a house with a large yard so that my Mom's green thumb can be put back to work.  In the meantime, I managed to take so many photographs last year that I still have a rather large reserve of images of flowers that have yet to see the light of day on this blog.  Like this little fella here.  I know that I like to put links up to older images here on my site in the hopes that some of you will surf around for a little while as you visit, there are so many Day Lily flower photos on this site that to put up links to them all would probably fill up this update.  I usually shoot these flowers using my Macro lens at f/2.8 to really focus on the stamen of the flower, but I also wanted to make sure that the fallen pieces of pollen were also in focus.  So, I used a larger aperture to widen the amount of the photograph that would be in focus.  This photograph was taken at f/5, 1/500sec, ISO 1600 at 60mm.  I'm always looking for some Day Lillies to photograph.  The hunt may be a little bit harder this year, but I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for some.

No comments:

Post a Comment