Friday 19 September 2014

Eager Model

This year seems to have gone by rather quickly.  It still seems like only yesterday that I was standing next to the Chambly Basin watching geese take flight.  It was a pretty productive morning for taking photos.  The first photograph I shared from that morning was a leaf covered by a thin layer of ice on the ground.  Since you all know I like to share, you can see that photo by following this link.  Afterwards, I took some photographs of the geese taking off, which can be seen right here.  This photograph took place a little bit after those were taken.  I was sitting on a park bench watching what was left of the geese when this little bird landed on the wall next to me.  He tweeted at me a little bit, but flew off as I slowly raised my camera.  He didn't fly very far though, landing on the branches to the left of my bench.  As I often do, I looked right at the bird and softly said I just wanted to get a photograph of it, and I meant it no harm.  I know this sounds silly, but it's something I find myself doing often when taking photographs of animals, and it generally works well for me.  As it did here.  The bird chirped something at me, turned its head slightly and waited for me to take my photos.  This shot was taken at f/5.6, 1/800sec, ISO 100 at 260mm.  I said a quick thank-you to my model and off he flew.  I like those little moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment