Monday 29 September 2014

Man And His Moon

Back in 1967, Montreal hosted the World's Fair, which was titled Man And His World.  One of the few pavilions that remain is the American Pavilion, since transformed into the Biosphere.  As mentioned here previously, I see this building pretty much every day from where I live and you've seen it many times in my photographs.  The other day I noticed the moon passing by the Biospehere and I thought that it might make a nice photograph.  I went out the next night only to discover that the moon had changed its course, running right behind the Biosphere, making it look like the moon was trapped inside.  I still took the photograph, mostly because I had that clever play on words of a title in my head while I watched the moon slowly travel through the sky and behind the Biosphere.  I took this photograph at f/20, 17sec, ISO 100 at 68mm.  For some reason, I chose to take this photograph using a wide angle and then cropping the image instead of a telephoto lens.  I went out the next night with a telephoto lens only to discover that the moon had once again changed course, never making it to the Biosphere before it disappeared.  I'll keep my eyes on it for the next few days as I think I'd like to have a shot at re-doing this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment