Thursday 11 September 2014

Still Some Left In The Tank

If you have a long memory, you may remember that this blog was born back in August of 2012 because I was getting ready for my first photography exposition and I was hoping to get a little extra publicity for myself by opening this blog and  its sister site on Facebook (you know the drill by now, go there and Like the page already!).  As incredible as it my seem, and probably a compliment to my continuing to grow as a photographer, I still have some shots that appeared at that show that have yet to appear on the blog.  I kind of viewed those 25 shots as my back-up, should I get real lazy over a period of time and I went a while before shooting anything new.  That's no longer a real worry as I'm so backed up in posting photos here that I could probably go a fairly long time without shooting anything new and still have a fair amount of updates for this page.  This shot was one of my happy accidents.  I wasn't at the location for this shot in particular, but as luck would have it, I came home with it anyway.  The real reason I found myself on Old Montreal that night was to get a shot of City Hall.  You can see that photo by clicking on the link right here.  As the story goes, I walked to this site because an annoying tour bus was blocking my view of the City Hall shot.  The lights under the bridge were new to me, so I set up my tripod and took the shot.  I was really happy with the results, and it ended up not only being on the wall for a month, but someone even took it home with them.  The photograph was taken at f/9, 14sec, ISO 100 at 28mm and probably deserved better than sitting in the on-deck circle for almost a year before it finally got its chance here at bat, but here it is for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment