Thursday 9 October 2014

Stars & Cars

Long exposure night photographs are some of my favourite photographs to take.  They're the original reason why I wanted to learn more about photography and I still enjoy taking them to this day.  Light trails, star effects and light tricks and are some of the fun things you can create when shooting at night, and this photograph has all of them.  By combining a small aperture and a long exposure time, I can create the star effects you see on the street lights and the lights on the bridge.  The long exposure allows me to capture the streaks of light left behind by the passing cars, as well as having all of the separate colours of the traffic light appear to be on at the same time.  It's photographs like this that I really enjoy taking.  This shot was taken in Cowansville one evening and really like the way you can follow the lights left by the passing cars through the photograph, in addition to all of the other things I've already mentioned.  It was taken at f/11, 14sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment