Friday 24 October 2014

The Glorious Sons - Live

When last we met, I was telling you about my adventures getting into the Corona Theatre to see a rock show.  First on the bill were One Bad Son.  They put on a great show and you can see the photographs I took of them by following this link.  There isn't really much to add story wise that I didn't already mention in the previous post, but incase you haven't seen the other one, I managed to get my camera into the Corona Theatre for the show and promptly placed myself as close to the stage, though a little more to the left than I would have liked, and began to snap away.  The second band to play that night were The Glorious Sons.  They're a Canadian rock band from Kingston, and I've managed to hear a few of their songs before on the radio.  The lighting was a little bit better for this set, though the big difficulty I had was getting some shots of the singer.  He was a bundle of energy through out the set, moving all over the place.  I tried to study his movements in the early parts of the songs as he would sometimes repeat them later.  Knowing when he'd be still, I tried to take most of my photos at this time and hope that the light would be good.  The first photograph was taken at f/3.2, 1/80sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm.  The second photograph was taken at f/5, 1/200sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm.  Here are a few more photographs I took during their show.

f/4, 1/80sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm

f/4, 1/80sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm

f/4, 1/60sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm

f/3.5, 1/25sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm

f/4, 1/80sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm

Once again I overexposed a most of the shots in order to gain a little bit of shutter speed.  I really like the second shot in this series simply for the look of joy on the face of the guitarist.  I also managed to catch the drummer with his stick in the air for this shot, an added bonus.  The first two acts were done, all that was left was the headliner, which we'll get to shortly.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment