Monday 8 December 2014

On Display

For the second year, one of my photographs will be on display at the Saint-Lambert Library for their Holiday Art Exhibition.  Sadly, there is no vernissage this year due to some scheduling problems, but I'm still happy that my photograph is hanging on the wall of a building I would visit often when I was a kid.  That's your friendly neighbourhood photographer standing next to my work of art.  You know, I feel really odd writing those words because I don't think I've ever seen myself as an 'artist'.  In my mind, I'm just some guy who points a box at people or things, turns a couple of knobs and then pushes a button.  That's probably a mindset that I need to work on.  Psychoanalysis aside, a worker at the library was kind enough to take this photo of my photograph and I, after I snuck my little card onto the frame.  No point in having your photograph on display if people don't know who you are and where they can find more of your photos, right?  If you happen to find yourself at the library, you can find my photo on the wall just behind the new arrivals.  While looking for something new to read, take a look behind and my photograph will be right there.  Take the time to look at the others works of art that are on display as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment