Thursday 4 December 2014

Speed Reading

I tend to be forgetful.  Just ask any number of the friends whose birthdays I've managed to forget over the years.  This also applies to my photographs.  Since I've got such a huge archive of photos, and I'm adding to library all the time, I sometimes forget some of the projects that I've already started.  Over a year ago I put up a photograph similar to the one you see here of an AMC Rambler that actually proved to be more popular than I thought it would be.  So much so that I quickly followed it up one month later with a Plymouth Road Runner, and then the good idea died as I have not done one ever since.  So, I had decided to go back through my collection of old car photos and see if I could create some similar images.  As I explained way back in that original post, I took theses photos back during some Saint-Lambert old car shows.  I love photographing old cars as they have great looks and much more character than the cars of today.  However, the main draw back is that the cars are often parked really close together and there are people walking everywhere.  So, I would try and find little details. On a recent day off from the Day Job, I went back through the archives and found a couple other photographs that I had planned on playing with.  The first photograph, a Pontiac GTO shot at f/4, 1/160sec, ISO 100 at 48mm, grabbed my eye right away thanks to the bright red colour of the hood and how great the grill and letters stood out against the dark backdrop.  The second photograph,a Dodge GTS shot at f/4, 1/1000sec, ISO 100 at 24mm, grabbed my eye with its colour as well, but I also liked the little shadow below the letters and the lines of the grill that led to the headlight.  For those of you out there who liked those photographs from 2013, sorry I waited so long to put these up.  I forgot.  Sorry for the forgotten birthdays as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment