Monday 4 May 2015

That's No Moon

I suppose I should say that The Force was strong with me for this photograph.  It's May the 4th, and as all Star Wars fans know, that means it's Star Wars Day.  When spoken, 'May the fourth' comes very close to famous Star Wars quote, "May the Force be with you."  After the cool little photograph I created for this day last year, I was hoping to do something a little more simple this year.  And nothing can be more simple than sitting on the couch.  I was sitting rather comfortably watching some hockey when I looked out my patio door and notice a rather full moon was resting just about the tree line.  My mind immediately thought about the scene from Return of the Jedi when you can see the Death Star in the sky of the forest planet, while at the same time dragging up the Obi-Wan Kenobi quote, "That's no moon....it's a space station." which was from A New Hope.  I then walked outside, pointed my camera at the moon, tried to get a few tree branches into the frame and shot away.  This photograph was taken at f/13, 1/80sec, ISO 400 at 180mm.  This one probably won't find its way into any future art shows, but the Star Wars fan in me got a kick out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment