Monday 22 August 2016

Daisy Day 2016

Another August 22nd, another Daisy in tribute.  New visitors to the site may not be aware, but August 22nd is 'Daisy Day', a little photographic memorial to my Grandmother who passed away on this day in 2011.  The daisy was the flower that I most associated with her because we would pick them on the farm together when I was much younger.  She was also a great fan of my photography and I take great joy in taking a nice photograph of a daisy when I see one because doing so reminds me of her.  This particular photograph was taken at f/4, 1/400sec, ISO 400 at 60mm.  As usual, the daisies were growing wild in front of a cement wall.  By using the large aperture, I blurred out the grey cement background, creating a much nicer looking photograph by putting the flower that is at the bottom of the frame in full focus and having everything else behind it nice and soft.  I hope that you like it Grammie.

No comments:

Post a Comment