Saturday 20 August 2016

Gold Medal Dessert

With the 2016 Rio Olympics about to close, I knew that time was running out if I wanted to be clever and add the term 'Gold Medal' to one of my photographs.  I can't think of a better set of photographs to give that title to than this little set of desserts that were created by My Lovely Assistant.  This tasty treat is a Raspberry Tartlet.  The crust is made from a Date based paste and then filled with Raspberry filling.  The whole thing gets put inside the lid of a Mason jar and then put into the fridge to cool.  For decoration, she added a little piece of parsley, a single Blackberry and a candy Raspberry to the final mix.  Me being me, I immediately wanted to take some photographs of the final result.  I patiently waited until later that evening as we had supper with some of the other members of her family.  The kitchen table proved to be the perfect background and in my continued quest to master the flash, I ended up bouncing some light from off of the ceiling onto the desserts to give that little bit of brightness needed to bring out the right colour.  After keeping everyone from eating for long enough, I finally put down the camera and let everyone dig in.  The first photograph was taken at f/4.5, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 60mm and the second photograph was taken at f/5, 1/160sec, ISO 100 at 60mm.  Here's a third photograph that I took.

f/5, 1/160sec, ISO 100 at 60mm
 
It goes without saying that they were delicious.  I hope that the photographs are just as sweet to your eyes as the real thing was to my tongue.




No comments:

Post a Comment