Saturday 6 August 2016

Montreal International Fireworks Competition - Recap

A month of loud and colourful explosions in the sky has come to an end.  I'm a week behind in posting this update, though for good reason.  In case you might have missed it, one of my photographs ended up being aired on CTV News.  This is my little end of festival recap.  Older visitors will remember that I usually use this update to display one extra photograph from all of the shows that I saw.  If you found that photograph to be interesting and you missed my original post, just follow the link in the name of the Country and all of my other photographs will be waiting for you.

f/16, 20sec, ISO 100 at 68mm

 f/13, 10sec, ISO 100 at 50mm
 
f/13, 6sec, ISO 100 at 28mm
 
f/10, 15sec, ISO 100 at 43mm

f/9, 8sec, ISO 100 at 24mm

f/8, 13sec, ISO 100 at 34mm

f/8, 13sec, ISO 100 at 34mm

f/13, 13sec, ISO 100 at 68mm
 
For those of you keeping track at home, Spain ended up winning the Golden Jupiter Award with Sweden winning the Silver Jupiter and Switzerland took home the bronze.  Though I ended up getting smoked out of the second half of Spain's show, I did proclaim it to be my up to that point in the competition.  My photograph that appeared on television came from the Sweden show and my favourite photograph of the competition was the first photograph you see in my blog entry from the Switzerland show.  I guess you could say that I was able to match the performances of the winning countriesI once again got to photograph all eight shows and most importantly, enjoyed every minute of them, even if Mother Nature blew way more smoke in my direction than needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment