Monday 13 February 2017

Roses Are Red

Many a poem has begun with those six little words.  Now, thanks to my little blog, I am able to provide visual proof that the first part of that rhyme is true.  All silliness aside, like most people, I'm attracted to bright colours.  There isn't much more red than a fresh rose.  This one in particular was part of a Valentine's Day gift for My Lovely Assistant.  It still hadn't fully opened and with the sun coming in the window, the reds came to life and the petals provided some deep shadows in between them.  The photograph was taken at f/4, 1/1250sec, ISO 400 at 60mm.  As much as the red grabs your attention, there is a little spot of green from one of the decorative pieces that are included in a bouquet in the top right corner of the photograph.  It's barely noticeable, even less at the low resolution used to display my photos, but it's one of those little things that I always try to include in my photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment