Monday 18 September 2017

A Day At The Races

This past Sunday, My Lovely Assistant and I got out our bikes and headed out to the Olympic Basin to watch a Dragon Boat competition.  I've enjoyed watching the Dragon Boat races for several year now, so I brought along my camera to take a few photographs of the event.  Sadly, I don't think that these were my best photographs as I placed myself on the wrong side of the basin and had the sun between the racers and I, so the best views I had were of the back of people's heads.  I still got a couple of nice shots of the action, but I think the one big thing that I'm missing is some nice shots of the paddlers and how much they were forcing themselves to do the best that they could.  It may not have been one of my best successes, but at least I managed to learn something from it.  The first photograph was taken at f/8, 1/640sec, ISO 100 at 170mm.  Here are a few more photographs that I took.

f/8, 1/640sec, ISO 100 at 150mm

f/7.1, 1/640sec, ISO 100 at 300mm

f/7.1, 1/640sec, ISO 100 at 135mm

I took some photographs of this event last year as well, though they never made their way to the blog.  Maybe I'll dig those out and give them a look so I can better prepare should I find myself near the water again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment