Saturday 9 September 2017

I Walk The Line

This one gets filed under the category of things that catch my eye.  I was on a nature walk with My Lovely Assistant on the Boucherville Islands a few weeks back and we came upon this wood cable bridge along one of the walking paths.  I took a few photographs of the bridge, but what really grabbed my attention was the steel cables that were keeping the bridge up.  When a couple of cyclists passed by, I ended up pressing myself against the railing and got a nice close look at the cables.  I really liked how there seemed to be one streak of red wires wrapped into the usual silver .  The aged wood with all of the little lines and cracks was interesting as well.  So, out went the classic shot of a bridge on a summer day, and in went the less than classic photograph of some steel and wood because the guy behind the camera found it more interesting.  Luckily, the guy behind the camera is also the guy behind the keyboard so that's how the photographs he likes end up on the blog.  This photograph was taken at f/4, 1/640sec, ISO 100 at 64mm.  Always keep your eyes open, you never know what you might see.

No comments:

Post a Comment