Sunday 1 October 2017

Rockpocalypse Now!

Though we've had some unusually warm temperatures of late, I can confirm that we have indeed arrived in the month of October, or Rocktober as the local DJ's would call it.  So, what better way to begin Rocktober than with this photograph I took at a concert back in April by the group Citizen Zero.  I found myself near the back of the room for this show, but still managed to grab this pretty cool shot.  I noticed during one of their songs that after the chorus the stage lights would point out into the crowd, who would then respond my raising their hands up, giving the two-finger salute to rock made popular by the late, great, Ronnie James Dio.  After witnessing this a few times, this shot, which was taken at f4, 1/100sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm, was my final choice as it had the most arms raised in the air.  With the bright lights pointed right at me, it almost looks like we're about to experience the end of the world, and everyone is welcoming it.

No comments:

Post a Comment