Monday 28 May 2018

Hubcap Art

As previously mentioned, I attended the Saint-Lambert Classic Car Exhibition last weekend.  It's a favourite annual event of mine as I love looking at the old classic cars.  I try to go in with a mission every year because photographing the actual cars is a tad bit difficult as they are all parked in tight together, there are lots of people walking around and the put information cards in the windshield.    This year, my mission was to grab a nice hubcap photograph.  Sadly, despite getting there early, they nice hubcaps were unavailable as the cars were parked in a way that I couldn't get back far enough to properly photograph them.  Luckily, this one, which belongs to a Austin Healy 3000 Mark III from 1965, was parked all by itself.  I grabbed a photograph of the whole wheel, taken at f/16, 1/100sec, ISO 100 at 24mm, and then cropped in the hubcap.  Those of you with eagle eyes may notice the reflection of Your Friendly Neighbourhood Photographer in the hubcap.  I kinda like being in there as I add a little bit of colour to the photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment