Saturday 2 June 2018

Giant Thunderbird

When I go to classic car shows, the one car that is always on my must-find list is the Ford Thunderbird.  I come from a family of Ford drivers, and while the Mustang might be the more popular choice, I've always been drawn to the Thunderbird.  In Native American mythology, the Thunderbird was a supernatural creature of power and strength, and I've always felt that those cars live up to that billing as well.  This photograph, taken at f/16, 1/1000sec, ISO 400 at 24mm, was of the hood decal on a 1954 Thunderbird.  I like to look for these kinds of things at car shows because I always feel that if it looks good on the car, it will probably look good on its own as well.  The black painted decal of the green paint really stood out on the car and I think it looks good photographed as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment