Monday 18 June 2018

Dessert For Dad

We had a little family lunch to celebrate Father's Day and My Lovely Assistant once again got a little creative in the kitchen.  It was rather hot and steamy this year, so she created this light Strawberry and Lemon Square dessert.  They disappeared rather quickly, but there were still a few left for me to play with when we got home.  I grabbed a couple, put them on a plate and added a few extra strawberries.  I used another smaller strawberry to prop up the first square so that the top would be visible.  I then put the plate on the table, bounced a little flash off the ceiling to get everything well lit, and voila!  Strawberry Lemon Squares.  The photograph was take at f/8, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 24mm and though I usually go out of my way to fill up as much free space as possible in my photograph, I kind of liked leaving the plate half empty.  After all, with the warm temperatures, one needs to leave some space free for ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment