Tuesday 13 November 2018

Double Sunset

One of the reasons why photographers don't make good walking partners is that we don't tend to snap and move.  Different angles need to be considered, look a little more to the left and then maybe just a little more to the right.  A simple stroll turns into an interminable outing for whoever doesn't have a camera in their hands.  Once the walk does come to an end, it's the photographer who then has the unenviable task of going through all of those different photographs trying to find just the right one.  Sometimes things work out for the best, and other times I just can't decide so I end up using more than one.  This update is brought to you thanks to my indecisiveness.  I took these photographs while out on an Fall stroll a while back.  I found myself down by the banks of the St. Lawrence River and was just in the right spot to see the sun go down.  I liked the thick red clouds that can be seen on the second photograph, but also liked how they thin out and reveal more of the sky in the first one.  The first photograph was taken at f/9, 1/320sec, ISO 400 at 54mm and the second photograph was taken at f/9, 1/250sec, ISO 400 at 70mm.  Since I can't decide, you can discuss among yourselves over which one you prefer.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment